Department: Real Estate Development
Reports to: Director of Real Estate Development
FLSA Status: Full-time/Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $52K-$55k plus benefits
Position Summary: Homes of Hope is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and mission-driven Real Estate Development Associate to join our dynamic team. As a Real Estate Development Associate, you will play a crucial role in the planning, analysis, and execution of affordable real estate development projects from inception to completion.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Project and Construction Division Administration
- Collaborate with the Real Estate Development team to assist in oversight of projects from inception to completion through coordination of project timelines, budgets, and resources to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Develop, monitor, and continuously improve upon processes for review, approval and maintenance of vendor, sub-contractor and other stakeholder invoices, contracts, certificates of insurance, W-9s, etc. across the organization to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Prepare and submit monthly draw requests to project funding sources to promote positive cash flow.
- Financial Modeling and Feasibility Analysis
- Assist the Director of Real Estate in evaluating potential returns, risks and missional alignment associated with prospective real estate development projects.
- Assist in preparation and submission of project funding applications, grant requests, and requests for qualifications/proposals (RFQs/RFPs) to interested parties.
- Stay abreast of real estate trends, economic indicators, and regulatory changes that may impact project outcomes.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other documentation, as necessary, to assist in communicating project status, financial performance, funding requests, and/or strategic recommendations to Director of Real Estate senior leadership, public/private grant organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Asset Management
- Collaborate with Homes of Hope’s Housing & Property Management Department to coordinate turnover of commercial rental spaces between leases.
- Oversee commercial tenant rent billing, tracking, and collections. Monitor property expenses and assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee maintenance schedule and departmental use of the organization’s vehicle fleet.
- Provide ongoing tracking and maintenance of Homes of Hope’s rental property insurance portfolio.
- Property Taxes
- Apply for property tax exemptions for eligible properties and maintain all relevant documentation.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure property tax invoices for Homes of Hope’s rental properties are accurate and paid on time each year.
- Assist in preparation of the Real Estate Development Department’s annual operating budget.
- Assist, as appropriate, in occasional Homes of Hope fundraising and other events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior experience (2-4 years) in affordable real estate development, asset management, investment analysis, or a related field.
- Exceptional project management and organizational abilities, capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other relevant software.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy with financial data and project documentation.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information and ideas to diverse audiences.
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- HUD and/or SC Housing Real Estate Development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of funding sources: HOME, NSP, SC HTF and Federal Housing Trust Fund
- Knowledge of local zoning regulations, permits, and development processes
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions: 85% In Office, 10% Off Site for Work Related Appointments and 5% Remote
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Interested in joining the Homes of Hope Team? Email CV/Resume’ and completed application to email@example.com.
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, complies with ADA regulations as applicable.