Department: Housing and Property Management
Reports to: Property Management Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time (36 hours/week)
Salary Range: $43k-$47k plus benefits
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Property Management Associate to oversee the day-to-day operations of our affordable housing properties in designated counties. The Property Management Associate will be responsible for ensuring the successful management and maintenance of our affordable housing communities, providing a safe and comfortable living environment for our residents. Your primary focus will be on maximizing occupancy, tenant satisfaction, and maintaining compliance with all relevant housing regulations and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tenant Relations: Build and maintain positive relationships with tenants to ensure their needs are met promptly and professionally. Address tenant inquiries, concerns, and requests, resolving any issues in a timely manner.
- Leasing and Occupancy: Oversee the leasing process, including marketing vacant units, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and completing lease agreements. Aim to achieve maximum occupancy while ensuring eligibility requirements are met.
- Compliance: Adhere to all applicable affordable housing regulations, federal, state, and local laws, and fair housing practices. Prepare and submit necessary documentation and reports as required.
- Property Maintenance: Coordinate maintenance and repair activities, ensuring that properties are well-maintained and meet safety standards. Schedule regular inspections and address any maintenance issues promptly.
- Budgeting and Financial Oversight: Collect and record rent payments, adhere to invoice processing procedures, and handle financial transactions accurately. Ensure expenses are within budgetary guidelines.
- Record Keeping and Documentation: Maintain comprehensive records of tenant information, lease agreements, maintenance requests, financial transactions, compliance documentation and other relevant documentation.
- Eviction and Legal Processes: Handle eviction proceedings in compliance with local laws and regulations when necessary, maintaining professionalism and empathy.
- Minimum of 3 years property management experience
- HUD and/or SC Housing compliance experience
- Ability to determine Income eligibility & rent calculations
- Proficiency in property management software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Fair Housing knowledge and experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated customer care
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Efficient process management skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent math skills
- High school diploma and or equivalent
- Proficient in AppFolio Property Management Software
- Affordable housing property management experience
- Property Management License
- Section 8 experience
- LIHTC experience
- Working knowledge of funding sources: HOME, NSP, SC HTF and Federal Housing Trust Fund
- Fluency in multiple languages, preferable languages spoken in the community
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions: 60% Office, 30% outside work appointments and 10% remotely
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, complies with ADA regulations as applicable.