- Department: Housing and Property Management
- Reports to: Director of Housing and Property Management
- FLSA: Non-Exempt, Full-time
- Salary Range: $53K-$57K
Position Summary: The Housing & Property Maintenance Coordinator brings the experience of a skilled maintenance technician to the day to day maintenance oversight and coordination of the Homes of Hope rental properties. This oversight and coordination includes: setting expectations and quality control the maintenance work of property managers, preventive maintenance plan, maintenance budget and occasional oversight of special renovation projects. The maintenance coordinator has strong knowledge and skill in the areas of construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and have moderate to strong computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing and ensuring great customer service from the property management company. Help resolve resident concerns, ensuring that they always feel valued, and ensure that there’s a good, healthy relationship between the housing client and property management companies
- Monitor that properties are being serviced with great quality, maintenance repairs and or concerns are completed in a timely and professional manner to Homes of Hope standards
- Ensure property management companies are following HUD, SC Housing, and other grant funding standards for all maintenance issues
- Implementing current and ongoing development of systems and procedures to preserve proper conditions for properties and implement preventative maintenance service plans
- Attend trainings and search opportunities for ongoing training to stay educated on HUD policies regarding affordable housing to ensure all rental properties are always in full compliance. Ensure that property management companies have access to this same training.
- Prepare and implement annual capital, preventative and operational maintenance budgets
- Special Projects – Coordinate renovation bidding, defining the cost and scope of projects, and oversee the general contractor/vendors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively. Make sure all hired contractors and vendors used for Homes of Hope are maintaining General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from the property manager software to see maintenance trends and identify and introduce new, preventative, and helpful maintenance and energy savings tips that would help minimize client expenses.
- Schedule Quarterly meetings with Real Estate Development Team for ideas of improving the long-term maintenance of newly constructed homes
- Provide Community Relations Coordinator new ideas for implementing the use of volunteers for maintenance projects
- In September of each year, provide Grants Manager with clear and detailed information about the property maintenance needs of Homes of Hope properties to help secure funding already budgeted in the Annual Operating Budget
- Oversee lawn maintenance and landscaping services to include annual review of contract
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Great organizational skills
- Able to work independently and willing to work in a team setting
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and strong decision-making skills
- Great management and leadership skills
- Great problem solving, attention to detail, planning and critical thinking
- Strong knowledge of residential and commercial general maintenance, including electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC systems and local codes knowledge
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification
- 5 years experience is maintenance management
- 10 years of experience in hands-on maintenance
- Certified Technician or equivalent training
- 10+ years’ experience in property or building maintenance
- Good references
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds,
- Climbing: Roof, Attics etc.
- Crawling: Crawl Spaces
60% Office; 35% outside work appointments; 5% ability to work remote
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.