Department: Housing & Property Management Compliance Manager
Reports to: Director of Housing & Property Management
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time (36 hours/week)
Salary Range: $55K-$57K plus benefits
Position Summary: Responsible for overseeing and handling all compliance oversight for 435+ affordable housing rental properties throughout South Carolina. Train and regularly audit 5 property management companies to ensure all housing clients and developments meet HUD and SC Housing compliance guidelines. Work daily with the Director of Housing & Property Management, Housing Services Manager, Property Maintenance Coordinator and Property Management Companies.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Compliance liaison between Homes of Hope, property management companies and government funding sources.
- Primary contact for government housing funders (SC Housing)
- Ongoing audits of housing client property files to include move-in’s and renewals
- Consistent training of property management staff on current and new compliance regulations
- Prepare for and oversee annual compliance monitorings
- Responsible for completion and submission of all annual required compliance documentation such as AOC reporting and Rent Approvals
- Ensure that all required compliance documents are properly executed and maintained
- Coordinate with Property Maintenance Coordinator to ensure physical inspections are complete and any monitoring findings are resolved
- Responsible for understanding and executing State & Federal housing guidelines
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- Stay current on compliance processes and regulations
- Minimum of 3 years HUD and/or SC Housing compliance
- Working knowledge of funding sources: HOME, NSP, SC HTF and Federal Housing Trust Fund
- Income eligibility & rent calculations
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Efficient process management skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently
- HUD/SC Housing compliance and monitoring experience
- Excellent math skills
- High school diploma and or equivalent
- Affordable housing and property management experience
- Section 8 experience
- LIHTC experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions: 60% Office, 30% outside work appointments and 10% remotely
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Interested in joining the Homes of Hope Team? Email CV/Resume’ and completed application to email@example.com.
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.