- Department: Resource Development Department
- Reports to: Resource Development Director
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
- Salary Range: $45K-$50K
The Donor Relations Coordinator establishes, maintains, and grows connections between Homes of Hope and its local and state-wide community. Creating and strengthening donor relationships is central to the Donor Relations Coordinator position, with an emphasis on acquiring new donors and further vetting entry level donors. In addition, the Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing our donor database and providing administrative support to the Resource Development Department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages donor software system (Blackbaud)
- Enters checks/wire transfers into database
- Tracks and reports donor retention rate, first time gifts, donor birthdays, etc.
- Generates weekly reports for RDD
- Generates end of year donation receipts
- Manages personal portfolio of donors and enters pertinent notes
- Writes thank you notes, invitations, newsletters, emails, makes phone calls, etc.
- Serves the Resource Development Department by managing Solid Rock Club members
- Focuses on entry level donors while properly vetting higher wealth individuals
- Secures entry level sponsorships for Homes of Hope’s large annual fundraising events
- Develops relationships with strategic individuals and corporations
- Collaborates with the Public Relations team to plan and execute all fundraising events
- Occasionally represents organization at speaking engagements, community events, and tours
- Attends workshops and participates in webinars to increase knowledge and proficiency
- Maintains weekly awareness of housing development, construction and client impact
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A passion for building relationships
- Makes excellent first impressions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Administrative mindset
- Self-motivated and eager to take initiative
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs
- Must have a strong customer support orientation, demonstrated professional demeanor, and ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of related experience
- Donor software management experience
65% in office; 30% outside appointments; 5% ability to work remote
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.