- Department: Public Relations Department
- Reports to: Public Relations Director
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
- Salary Range: $45K-$50K
The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and growing connections between Homes of Hope and its local and state-wide community which produces increased recognition, credibility, funding, and impact. The Community Relations Coordinator provides vision for and implements the Homes of Hope brand, and strategically steers the organization’s public reputation as the “face” of Homes of Hope. Creating and strengthening community relationships is central to this department’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communication with the public:
- Responsible for implementing the Marketing/Communication Plan
- Oversees corporate branding and identity
- Oversees creation of the annual Impact Report
- Produces material for internal and external publication including success stories of HOH clients (For example-Brochures, Impact Cards, Thank You Cards, Partnership Packet, and Gala and Golf Classic materials)
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment, management, and training
- Represents the organization at speaking engagements, community events, and leads tours
- Writes and submits Press Releases
- Serves as a Homes of Hope point of contact for media, following up with, building rapport with and providing relevant information to media
Communication with donors:
- Assists in planning large and small donor cultivation events
- Assists with major fundraising events totaling $700,000+ annually
- Leads organization’s visual and aesthetic impact through photography and videography
- Connects with HOH clients and gathers stories to share with supporters
- Plans other organizational events such as ribbon cuttings, ground-breakings, and client-focused events
- Online Communications:
- Develop and execute all communications on Homes of Hope’s website and social media outlets. Expand Homes of Hope’s social media presence through existing and new social media outlets.
- Analyze data pertaining to website and social media use and effectiveness
- Manage the structure and content of Homes of Hope’s website; works closely with website design team
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools (MS Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint),
- Social Media tools, and a solid understanding of webpage functionality
- Must possess strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as an attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of related experience in communications, public relations or equivalent experience
- Ability to speak comfortably in large groups
- Experience with nonprofit operations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines is required
- Problem solving, attention to detail, planning and critical thinking are valuable in this position
- Occasional weekend availability required for speaking opportunities
- 3+ years Marketing Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or related field
- Photography and video experience
60% in office; 30% outside appointments; 10% ability to work remote
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Homes of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.