Posts by Brett Porter

Subscribe to the RSS Feed
  • Featured Posts
  • All Posts

More Bang for your Buck: Tax Deduction for Donors

Any donation to Homes of Hope is eligible to receive a tax deduction on their income tax. As an entrepreneurial nonprofit, Homes of Hope is able to produce 70% of our budgeted income through housing related activities. Community support in the form of grants, foundation awards, and individuals' donations help us fulfill the other 30%. We are proud of this sustainable mo...

Keep Reading

Why Hire a Homes of Hope Graduate?

November 30, 2017 In our one-year residential Men's Development program we provide specialized construction trade job training, Christian discipleship, life skills and financial wellness training for men overcoming drug and alcohol addictions. Over the past four years we have intentionally boosted the level of job training our men receive to increase their m...

Keep Reading

From Ruin to Restoration

I was raised in a good home with a good family. We weren’t rich, but I never went without either. I did well in school, and from an early age developed hopes and dreams for my future. However, as I entered high school I started giving in to peer pressure and partying. Occasional partying developed into a lifestyle, and as a result, I almost flunked my senior year fro...

Keep Reading
Subscribe